An electric generator is a device that converts mechanical energy from an external source into electrical energy as the output. You’d find it remarkable how many businesses, industries, and market sectors rely on electric generators as a vital part of their backup plan. Depending on where in the world you live, will help determine how critical home backup is to you. There is nothing worse than being the victim of a power cut, with no way to solve the problem or even have light. In this Situation electric generator will help you to get back up.
Things to consider before buying an Electric Generator:
Know Your Power Priorities
Generators are sold by power output, as measured in watts. The amount of power they deliver determines how many lights and appliances you can run at once.
2. Pick a Type
You can go one of three ways. Home standby generators are installed permanently, can run on natural gas or propane, and kick on automatically during an outage. Portable and inverter generators can both be moved around, though they come in different sizes.
You can use portable generators anywhere on or off your property, but they must be at least 15 feet away from any structure, including your house, doors, or windows—and not in an enclosed space.
3. Control systems and management
The ideal control system should offer a variety of features. For instance, the ability to remotely start and program the machine, display warnings, for instance, low fuel and other performance issues. In addition, to deliver a broad range of analysis data. This helps to better utilize the efficiency of the power plant while providing a valuable overview of the application process.
4. Establish your budget
Generator prices fall across a wide range, so determining how much you’d like to spend is important.
5. Consider included items and services
Does the generator come with a warranty or maintenance package? What about a power cord, oil, wheels, and funnel? How much more will it cost for installation by a qualified professional? Will you need an accessory like a cover for protection from the elements or a transfer switch?
6. Check out special features
Generators come with an array of features to make use easier and safer. Learn about what to look for when picking the best set of features for you.
Best 5 Portable Generators
1. Duromax XP4850EH 3850 Running Watts/4850 Starting Watts Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
- The DuroMax XP4850EH Propane Generator is a powerful, gas and propane powered unit that will provide reliable power whenever you need it.
- It features the DuroMax Dual Fuel Technology that is now capable of nearly doubling the lifetime of your generator by being able to run on cleaner-burning propane from a BBQ tank or main line.
- There are many advantages to running a Generator on Propane, including being easy to store, longer lasting and more readily available during disasters.
- Switching over from gas to propane is easy and is done so with a simple flip of a fuel switch. By using Propane, it will also give you quicker, more steady starts every time.
- It provides a constant 3,850 watts of power and a peak of 4,850 watts. This will adequately handle most household items needed in a emergency or power outage including refrigerator, lights and other basic necessities.
- Dependable 7 HP air cooled DuroMax OHV engine. Engine displacement (cc): 212
- Heavy duty frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth quiet operation.
- Rated AC Output: 3,850 watts. Max AC Output: 4,850 watts. Two 120-Volt, 20 Amp, 3 prong outlets (standard household plug).
- Full power panel with advance oil warning light, key start switch, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets; Low oil Indicator lamp and shutoff. Decibels (dB): 69
- EPA Approved For Safe Use In National Parks. Flexible line allows for connecting to tanks of any size.
2. Pulsar Products Generator
- 10, 000W peak 8000W rated (gas)/ 9000W peak 7000W rated (LPG).
- The powerful 420cc, 4-stroke, OHV, air cooled engine is protected by a durable powder coated Steel frame.
- A large 6.6 gallon fuel tank give you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on gasoline.
- Switch & go technology allow for seamless transitioning between LPG and gasoline fuel sources while still in operation.
- Electric push start with recoil backup make start-up quick and easy, so you can get up and running with less hassle
(4) 120V AC outlets, (1) 50Amp RV Port, (1) 120/240V twist-lock outlet, & (1) 12V DC trickle charge output provide you with ample space for powering a variety of appliances, tools, and devices.
- Designed with fold-down handles & 10″ Never-Flat wheels for added mobility and easy storage.
- Features like the 3 in 1 digital meter, low oil indicator, and low oil shutdown mean less worry for you.
- Includes handy propane hose and backed by a 2 Year limited Warranty.
3. DuroMax XP12000EH
- Dual fuel technology allows the generator to be run on propane or gas.
- Heavy duty frame with four Point fully isolated motor mounts for Smooth quiet operation.
- Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
- Run-time on gasoline at 50% maximum output: 10 hrs. Run-time on propane at 50% maximum output: 20 hrs. (Standard BBQ tank size).
- Low oil shut-off protects the engine.
- Quiet muffler reduces engine noise
4. DuroMax XP4400E, 3500 Running Watts/4400 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator with Wheel Kit
- 4400 Watt Surge/3500 Watt Continuous.
- Designed to run on 87 octane gasoline for maximum convenience.
- 4 Gallon Gas Tank/8 Hour Run Time
- Electric Key Start/Includes Battery
- EPA Approved; Spark plug wrench
- Automatic Low Oil Shut Off.
5. Rockpals poratble Solar Power Generator 250watt
- UPGRADED 250-WATT POWERFUL AC, USB AND 12V OUTPUTS: Comparing to similar battery powered generators, Rockpals RP250W portable generator has upgraded the AC output to 250W continuous (300W surge max) dual AC outputs, built-in 2x USB 2.1A and 4x DC 12V ports.
- Perfect emergency backup power for home/ travel/ camping, charging up your tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans, TV, lights and CPAP machine (*Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)
- HIGH CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT LITHIUM POWER PACK: 222WH(3.7V 60Ah/12V 18.5Ah) lithium polymer batteries and weights 5.5lb. powerful enough to charge smartphones 25 times, laptops 3-5 times, 32″ TVs 2-3 hours, mini-refrigerator or other small appliances, lights, and more (AC output).
- This solar generator is also very handy to be put on your RV, camper and perfect for emergencies, camping or wherever you need power.
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA THE SUN OR WALL: 1)The solar generator can be recharged from the sun with any compatible 50W or 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY). 2) This battery pack can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into the wall outlet.
- PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER: Better than a modified sine wave and clean power like utility supplied electricity. Inductive loads like microwaves and motors run faster, quieter and cooler. Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio amplifiers, TV, fax and answering machines. And it is a gas-free source of portable power supply, it runs quiet (The cooling fan on the side of the generator will make a slight sound when working), no exhaust fumes.
- WHAT YOU GET: Rockpals portable generator (222Wh Portable Power Supply), 6.5ft / 2m AC adapter, 3.3ft / 1m car charger cable, DC to Cig Socket adapter, user guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.