WD Red is the only hard drive designed for NAS systems that have 1-5 drive bays. Available in captivities ranging from 1 TB to 10 TB, WD Red is designed specifically for home and small office NAS systems. The drives are extensively tested for compatibility and reliability in the demanding operating environment of a 24×7 NAS system. WD’s exclusive NASware firmware technology enables seamless integration and balanced performance. Innovative technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature, and with a 35% improvement in MTBF over desktop drives, WD Red is a more reliable and robust NAS hard drive solution.
- Specifically designed for use in NAS systems with up to 8 bays
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr. workload rate
- NASware firmware for compatibility
- 3-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Small and home office NAS systems in a 24×7 environment
- WD Red NAS Hard Drives are designed specifically for NAS systems that have 1 to 8 drive bays in both 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch form factors